- Tbilisi, 6th District Digomi 5a
- Tbilisi, Chavchavadze Avenue 62
At the SILK Medical Clinic in Tbilisi, there are experienced pediatric dermatologists. They specialise in skin, hair and nail diseases in children aged seven.
In addition to diagnostics and treatment, the dermatologist pays attention to prevention, helping parents to choose the right skincare products for their children. A scheduled examination of this doctor is mandatory when undergoing a medical exam before school or kindergarten.
Reasons for visiting a doctor-dermatologist:
- viral infections with symptoms on the skin;
- changes in the appearance of moles;
- age spots;
- allergic reactions;
- purulent inflammations (folliculitis, furunculosis);
- warts, papillomas and other skin neoplasms;
- changes in the structure and hair loss;
- dry scalp and dandruff;
- ingrowing nails;
- changes in the colour and shape of the nail plate;
- selection of skin care during adolescence.
At the initial appointment, paediatric dermatologists of SILK Medical Clinic in Tbilisi conduct a comprehensive examination: they study the medical history, examine the skin with special magnifying devices (dermatoscope) and prescribe the necessary laboratory diagnostics. This approach allows not only to eliminate the external manifestations of the disease but also to identify its real cause.
To establish a diagnosis, the dermatologist will prescribe additional studies:
- allergological tests;
- general blood test;
- biochemical blood test to check the hormonal background;
- stool analysis for parasite eggs;
- trichoscopy to assess the condition of the hair and scalp;
- scraping to check for fungus or subcutaneous mites;
- biopsy of suspicious neoplasms;
- ultrasound of the abdomen, thyroid gland, and adrenal glands.
The list of analyses depends on the age and symptoms of patients. Problems with the skin, hair and nails often indicate disorders of functions within the body, which are detected in the process of diagnosis. In such cases, the dermatologist may involve other specialists of a related profile – endocrinologist, gynaecologist or gastroenterologist. You can also make an appointment with these doctors at SILK Medical Clinic in Tbilisi.
Based on the results of the tests, the dermatologist develops an individualised treatment plan. It may include drug therapy and the removal of papillomas, warts and other neoplasms by invasive means. All procedures that can potentially cause discomfort to young patients are performed by SILK Medical Clinic doctors using local anaesthesia. After the therapy has been selected, our experts continue monitoring the treatment to ensure it is effective.