- Tbilisi, 6th District Digomi 5a
Biomicroscopy in Tbilisi
Biomicroscopy is a modern diagnostic procedure that allows the doctor to literally look deep into the patient’s eye and see the smallest details of the eye structure. It is a non-invasive and safe examination that is of great importance for the early detection and control of various eye diseases.
Benefits of biomicroscopy:
- Early detection of problems. With biomicroscopy, doctors can detect eye diseases at the very initial stage when they are not yet showing symptoms.
- Disease control. For patients with already diagnosed eye diseases, biomicroscopy helps to monitor the dynamics of the disease and the effectiveness of treatment.
- Assessment of the eye structure. Biomicroscopy allows detailed examination of the anterior and posterior segments of the eye, including the cornea, lens, iris and retina. This is important when planning surgical procedures or contact lens fitting.
- Monitoring for contact lens wearers. Biomicroscopy can be used to assess corneal health and proper lens fit.
How is the procedure performed?
The biomicroscopy procedure is quick and does not cause discomfort. The doctor uses special microscopic equipment and eye drops to dilate the pupil. The patient simply needs to look into the front section of the microscope. This allows the doctor to get a detailed image of the internal structures of the eye.
Do not postpone your visit to an ophthalmologist, make an appointment for vision diagnostics at SILK Medical Clinic in Tbilisi today.