It is recommended to visit the main specialist in women’s health when the first complaints appear, and in case of their absence – to undergo preventive check-ups 1-2 times a year. Detection of diseases at an early stage allows you to cure them and avoid serious complications.
What does a gynecologist treat?
A gynecologist is engaged in the diagnosis and treatment of the following conditions:
- violation of the menstrual cycle
- period of gestation of the pregnancy
- need to terminate the pregnancy
- neoplasms of female genital organs – cysts, myomas, polyps
- dysfunctional and juvenile uterine bleeding. etc.
A gynecologist also deals with selection of contraceptives. Methods of laboratory and instrumental diagnostics help to identify various pathologies of the female reproductive system. Our clinic is provided with modern expert-class equipment. With its help, we carry out diagnostics of any level of complexity.
When is it necessary to go to the gynecologist?
It is recommended to pay a visit to the gynecologist in the following cases:
- abdominal pain at different levels of intensity
- delay and even complete absence of menstruation. abundant (or, conversely, scanty) discharge
- painful sexual intercourse
- abnormal vaginal discharge with an unpleasant pungent odor
- miscarriages in the anamnesis
- blood excretion from the genital tract outside menstrual period
- menopause, and etc.
Some of these conditions are a sign of gynecological pathology. Therefore, it is necessary to consult a specialist in time for examination and treatment.
How is the gynecologist’s consultation going?
At the initial appointment, the gynecologist will listen to complaints and collect anamnesis. Next, the specialist proceeds to the examination in the gynecological chair using special tools – mirrors. The gynecologist evaluates the condition of the vagina and cervix, palpatively determines the size of the genitals, the presence or absence of pathological formations in them.
As additional research methods in gynecology are used:
- ultrasound of the pelvic organs and the mammary glands
- hysteroscopy and colposcopy
- cytology, and etc.
The doctor prescribes the volume of examinations individually taking into account the complaints and the general state of the patient, the preliminary diagnosis and concomitant pathologies.
Why is it worth making an appointment with a gynecologist in the SILK Medical Clinic?
- highly qualified medical personnel
Our doctors regularly improve their knowledge at specialized courses and seminars.
- cutting-edge equipment
The clinic is provided with the latest equipment from a european producer which makes the examination fast and accurate.
- individual and complex approach to each patient;
Allows to select the most suitable diagnostic and treatment program in the shortest possible time.